This week’s recipe is from Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Paleo chef, Kelsey Ale. This Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Porridge is a comforting grain-free alternative to oatmeal, packed with anti-inflammatory and high-fiber flaxseeds, tart green apple, and coconut milk for some energy-boosting healthy fats to power up your day. Kelsey also incorporated collagen protein into this porridge, which adds a complete source of protein without changing the flavor or texture. I love that this recipe has no added sweeteners; apples and vanilla extract provide just the right amount of sweet flavor on their own. Warm and spicy cinnamon brings it all together for the perfect morning meal.
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 green apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 scoop collagen protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond or coconut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. optional
- Chopped nuts, cinnamon for garnish, optional
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low, about 3-5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Top with optional chopped nuts and cinnamon, serve warm, and enjoy!