This week’s recipe comes from Brigid Titgemeier, Functional Nutritionist and blogger at Being Brigid. This delicious salad is hardy and satisfying, thanks to the combination of complete protein from the grilled chicken and high-fiber, nutrient-dense kale. Roasted fennel and leeks add an extra pop of flavor, as well as extra vitamin C and magnesium. Topped with a creamy, dairy-free dressing made from almond yogurt and mustard, this recipe makes an easy and healthy weeknight meal for the whole family.
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Dash black pepper
- 5 cups curly kale, chopped
- 1 lb. organic chicken breast cutlets, skinless
- 1/2 cup organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup almond yogurt, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- On a baking sheet, place prepared fennel and leeks.
- Toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons avocado oil, Himalayan salt, and dash of black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, massage kale with 1 tablespoon avocado oil, dash of salt and pepper, and set the kale aside.
- Bake fennel and leeks for 40 minutes and add kale to the baking sheet for the last 10-12 minutes of baking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large pan, over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until lightly cooked, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix almond yogurt, chicken broth, and mustard and pour on top of chicken.
- Add the roasted vegetables to pan and continue to heat for 3 minutes, then enjoy!