Today, I’m sharing a recipe from the wonderful folks over at Punk Rawk Labs. They make amazing gourmet, dairy-free cheeses by fermenting high-quality nut milks. Owned by two women with autoimmune disease who are committed to bringing healthier food options to the market, their cheeses are made with just four simple ingredients. Tomatoes are a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, which is especially beneficial for heart health and vision. Basil contains antioxidants too, and has been found to help relieve stress, protect the liver, and fight inflammation. This easy dairy-free Caprese Salad is the perfect dish to welcome warmer weather and fresh produce with open arms.
- 1 ripe tomato
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 block Punk Rawk Lab cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Optional: dairy-free pesto
- Handful of fresh basil
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Cut tomato into slices ¼” thick and place on a plate.
- Lightly salt tomatoes.
- Cut similarly thick slices of dairy-free cheese and place on top of tomato.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Optional: add a small dollop of dairy-free pesto.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and add salt and pepper to taste.